22 September 2009

My Comission

Paul writes to Timothy:

Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come. This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it. This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. . . . Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress. Keep a close watch on how you live and on your teaching. Stay true to what is right for the sake of your own salvation and the salvation of those who hear you."
1 Timothy 5:8-13;15-16


I certainly am not Timothy, but I know that this is what the Lord wants me to do. He has called me into leadership; this I know. He has grown in me a passion for the Church, His Bride, and for its preparation for His return. Therefore these words speak right to me: "Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress."

I know that this takes humility, which I am begging God to reveal more and more to me. And He has! He has taught me (and is teaching me, for it will never be completed) to recognize pride in my own life, and that is awesome! I want to be an example in my life, love, faith and purity, regardless of how I look to my peers! If by my life as lived in the truth of this Scripture, and Titus 2:7-8, Colossians 3:1-4, Ephesians 4:23; 5:1-2, Romans 12:1-2, and Galatians 2:20, I bring conviction to peers and observers, than I desire that!

First of all, I am not there. Second of all, I DO NOT want to get there bound by pride! But I want to live the truth of Galatians 2:20--because in that there is no pride!

But I want to get there. I want to walk so closely with the Spirit of God that He fills all my words, and that none of my life would give any hint to my old life's control.

Fortunately, God uses me as I am, because I will never be to the point where I want to be. He has given me the commission He gave Timothy, and I want to embrace it! That is what truly matters far more than anything else. Walking in the life God has given you to live is the first step to fulfillment, and when you're avoiding that complete, entire commitment, something will always be void. God has to get us to perfection one way or another, either by our willingness or by discipline (rather than "or," think "and").

So with that in mind, I truly do with to pour myself into the things of the Lord and that which He has given me to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment