21 September 2009

The New Life

I have written a full-length study on the essentials of the new life we have in Jesus Christ. However, because it is so long, I find it sufficient to include the Forward here and request that you email me for a copy of the full document.
My email address is < lckeagy.galatians220@gmail.com >

Forward:

By God’s amazing grace are we saved, and by no other means. And by God’s amazing grace because of the death of His Son, the Sacrificed Lamb, Jesus Christ, we have new life.

But what does this new life entail? What are the basic and most powerful truths of the doctrine of salvation and living on this earth? What does it mean to give your life to Christ?

I use a lot of Scripture, and some quotes from well-known theological authors who were filled with the Spirit of God and understand these truths a far deal greater than I do.

Please follow me through Scripture to help understand what is the most important thing in life – this new life. We owe Christ our lives because He has given His for us. In this should we have joy!

Translation note: The Scripture translation I most frequently use is the New Living Translation, second edition. I understand that many people do not like this version, so feel free to read the Scripture in another.

Most important is that I am not an expert on any of the following matters, but Christ is. He’s the authority on absolutely everything, because He is Truth (John 14:6). Also, my ultimate purpose is to express love to God by making it very clear that the matters I talk about are what God has taught me, and not by any means anything I can understand on my own. I desire to abide in the truth of 1 Corinthians 8:2. Like Paul says in 1 Corinthians 4:3-4, “it matters very little how I might be evaluated by you or by any human authority…my conscience is clear, but that doesn’t prove I’m right. It is the Lord Himself who will examine me and decide.” And with that understanding, I write here what I have been taught. Study what I say—make sure it is sound and grounded in the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment